Haledon Volunteer Fire Department
 
 

Roof Rescue

     

Sunday, January 20, 2013 On Sunday afternoon the Haledon Fire Department responded to a reported resident trapped on a roof with possible injuries. Upon arrival the department encountered a resident who was injured while working on their roof and was unable to exit the roof from a ground ladder. Department members packaged the injured resident into a stokes basket on the roof and safely lowered them down to a waiting EMS unit.

The Haledon Fire Department would like to remind all residents to use caution and follow all safety practices while working off ladders or on a roof. Remember, any minor mishap can become a very dangerous situation while working on a ladder or roof.